Updated: Apr 14, 2020
Well guys, we have come to the end of Week 4 of Quarantine here in Maryland. Naturally in this society, the numbers have increased of people affected by the current pandemic we are facing. Unfortunately, the traffic of the vehicles travelling on the roads have not decreased and COVID-19 memes and jokes are still shared left and right.
This week was a breeze and my pups have certainly grown accustomed to having me present at all times. I've managed to make myself a healthy schedule where I am able to balance all needs any human has a right to-such as time to create, time to reflect, and time to cater to self.
As we live our lives distant from others in this world, what energy do you plan to step out into the world with? What have you discovered about yourself during these times that you will share with the world with your new shell? Have you pushed yourself to accomplish things that have remained on your to-do list? Now that distractions are removed, are you your only distraction?
Personally, I want to push myself to continue creating no matter what and I also want to push myself to share information of value. With that in mind, here is a list of grants and programs I have signed up for since I have been laid off. We are all affected!
1. "To support artists during the COVID-19 crisis, a coalition of national arts grantmakers have come together to create an emergency initiative to offer financial and informational resources to artists across the United States.": https://www.artistrelief.org/
2. "Prince George’s County COVID-19 Hourly Employee Relief Fund": https://employpgedge.com/
3. "This site is for individuals to file initial claims each time they become unemployed. If you have already opened an initial claim and you want to file your weekly claim certification (request for payment) over the internet, please use the Webcert program": https://secure-2.dllr.state.md.us/NetClaims/Welcome.aspx
4. "This Webcert site is for filing your Weekly Claim Certification to request payment for each week that you are unemployed and/or obtaining recent payment information on your claim. It is a quick and easy alternative to filing by telephone (Telecert).":https://secure-2.dllr.state.md.us/webcert/Logon.aspx:
5. "We’re all relying on the internet more than ever during this period of social distancing and isolation. So we compiled everything you need to know about internet access during the COVID-19 pandemic to help you stay connected to school, work, loved ones, and the penguins at Shedd Aquarium.": https://www.highspeedinternet.com/resources/internet-guide-during-coronavirus-outbreak?fbclid=IwAR1boIlnkm9FwhiekA0tsB0anZdtlOIKPBLJOMmss42oDUgfBjG5kBixYxo
6. "USDA intends to use all available program flexibilities and contingencies to serve our program participants across our 15 nutrition programs. We have already begun to issue waivers to ease program operations and protect the health of participants.": https://www.fns.usda.gov/disaster/pandemic/covid-19
If you have any other programs or grants that may help others, feel free to share here!
Let me know where your head is. Share your thoughts and feel free to throw around questions with me.
This is a re-cap to last week's content:
BeYouForYou's Week 4 of Quarantine.
This week's featured article is:
Written by the talented and insightful author of "Carmen's Concious Corner"